Welcome to Online Help
Search help and discover learning resources
You can access help topics by selecting Help
The help is designed to display on a monitor, tablet, or mobile device. Depending on your device, you may need to scroll to view some content.
Navigate help topics from the menus at the top of the help window. Topics are organized to reflect the Main Menu in the product.
Because the product is an integrated workforce management (WFM) and human capital management (HCM) solution, the help includes both WFM topics, such as timekeeping and scheduling, and HCM topics, such as human resources and payroll.
Searching in Online Help
You can search within all topics (the default) or you can filter your search for a specific product area (for example, Timekeeping) or topic type (for example, How to). To filter your search, click
Enclose search strings in quotes for better results (for example, "open a dataviewA configurable tool for analyzing data and taking actions on a group of employees or an organization.").
Searching in the Community
To search community articles and discussion within the product open the help
Articles which require log on to view within community are indicated with the lock
The information contained in this document is intended for use with the licensed software products to which the information relates (the “Products”). The information and the specifications for the Products set forth herein are subject to change without notice, and should not be construed as a commitment by the licensor to provide the functionality described herein. The licensor may make improvements and/or changes to the Products and/or the information set forth in this publication at any time without notice. The licensor assumes no responsibility for any errors that may appear in this resource. © 2020 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved.
This document contains certain trademarks that are the property of Kronos Incorporated, which may be found on the “trademarks” page at www.kronos.com. All other trademarks or registered trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners and are used for identification purposes only.
The source code for Equinox is available for free download at www.eclipse.org.
When using and applying the information generated by the Products, customers should ensure that they comply with the applicable requirements of all applicable law, including federal and state law, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act. Nothing in this document shall be construed as an assurance or guaranty that the Products comply with any such laws.
A new version of the mobile app, Version 2.3.2, is now available in the iOS App Store and the Google Play Store. This version of the app requires at least iOS Version 12 and Android Version 6. This version contains some minor bug fixes and enhancements. It builds on Version 2.3.1, which integrated support of EMM (Enterprise Mobility Management) software to use a "Managed App Configuration" to control and manage mobile devices that are using the app.
To access the Main Menu if you are using an NVDA screen reader:
- Locate the Main Menu button on the top left of the homepage.
- Press space to expand the menu.
- Press Insert and space to switch to focus mode.
- Press Tab four times to get to the first option in the options list.
- Press up and down arrows to select an option.
- Press space to expand or collapse the submenu associated with the selected option.
- Press Tab to access the options submenu and use arrows to select.
- Press Enter to activate selected option.
- Press Escape to exit the Main Menu.
To use the Dataview Library if you are using an NVDA screen reader:
- Press Tab to get to the Dataview items list.
- Press Tab to progress through the list options, including employee and details buttons.
- Press space or Enter on the employee button to go directly to the Dataview landing page.
- Press space or Enter on the details button to open a slideout panel.
- Press Tab to hear the information within the slideout panel and press Tab to get to the open dataview link. Press space or Enter to activate.
To access the action bar if you are using an NVDA screen reader:
- Press Tab to open the action bar. The action bar contains a row of buttons.
- Press space to activate the available buttons. This activates a dialog box or presents a list of options that you can navigate using the arrow keys and pressing Enter to select.
- To make all action bar buttons available, you must select a row or rows of data from the table.
When buttons are disabled, they are skipped when using the keyboard and not announced when using NVDA.
Note: Except for the button associated with the ad hoc option, the HyperfindA search engine that filters and selects groups of employees through queries that specify conditions or locations (criteria). selector can be accessed using the keyboard and with NVDA. However, the Hyperfind editor, which is accessed from the Hyperfind selector, is not optimized for NVDA and keyboard users.
To access the Hyperfind selector if you are using the keyboard or an NVDA screen reader:
- Press Tab to get to the Hyperfind selector link.
- Press space to activate the link to launch a searchable edit field.
- Press Tab to get to the options list.
- Use the arrow keys to select and press Enter.
- Press Tab to access a find-by-location link.
- Press Enter to activate.
- A dialog box opens that contains a search field, additional fields containing dates that can be changed, and a business structureRepresents the logical structure of an organization as it concerns staffing. It contains a hierarchy of locations that contain jobs to which an employee may be assigned. selector.
- Press Tab to get to the Cancel button to exit this dialog box.
Note: If you are using Voiceover or talkback, the Hyperfind selector drop-down list is not accessible at this time.
To access the Timeframe selector if you are using an NVDA screen reader:
- Press Tab to access to the Timeframe Selector menu.
- Press space to expand the drop-down.
- Use the arrow keys to select a timeframe.
- Press space or Enter to select.
- While in the selections list, press Tab to access the date range button.
- Press Enter to activate.
- Press Tab to access edit fields that contain Start and End Dates.
- Use the arrow keys to change the dates in the Start and End Date edit fields.
- Press Tab to access the Cancel and Apply buttons and press Enter to activate. After you press Tab, you can access the Previous and Next Period buttons to progress through pay periods without needing to select from the Timeframe Selector menu.
A drop-down box appears on landing pages to select employees.
- Press Tab to access the combo box and press space to expand it.
- Use the arrow keys to progress through the list of employees and press Enter to select.
There are also buttons that you can use to progress through next and previous employees. Use the Tab key to access these buttons and press space to select. NVDA announces the number of employees in the list and where the user is within the list, for example 1 of 40
When you are tabbing through slide-out panels and other dialogs with an NVDA screen reader, date input fields contain the current date. By default, the date is in mm/dd/yyyy format.
- Press Tab within the edit date fields to progress through the month, day, and year.
- Use the up and down arrow keys to change the month, day, and year.
Note: Some date input fields only allow for typing the full date in mm/dd/yyyy format and do not contain a prepopulated date. Other date input fields may contain a prepopulated date that can only be edited by selecting from the buttons that surround the input field.
You can also tab to the Calendar icon next to the date input fields and then press space to open a calendar.
Use the arrow keys to place focus on the individual days and press Enter to select. This populates the Date input field.
Access table grid layouts within various components as follows:
- Press Tab to go to the column headers associated with the table
- The first menu allows for filtering of data. Press space to expand and press the arrows to progress through the list of toggle options. Press space to show or hide.
- Press Tab to get to a checkbox to select all rows, and then press space to select.
- A dialog message opens, confirming the number of rows selected. Press Escape to close.
- Focus is returned to the unselect rows button. Press space to unselect all rows. No confirmation message is provided
- Press Tab to return to the grid and the original select row checkbox
- Press Tab to hear the list of column headers from left to right, along with their associated menus.
- Press space to expand the menus. Use the arrow keys to progress through options list, and press space to select and collapse the menu.
- Press space on a column header to sort ascending, descending, or no sort
- Press Enter to expand these menus
- Press the arrow keys to progress through the options list and press space or Enter to apply
- If no options are selected, press Escape to close this menu.
- Press Tab from the column header menus to get to the first column of checkboxes to select individual rows, and press space to select. Alternatively, you can press the up and down arrow keys when focused on a column header title to go directly to the table rows and back to the column header titles.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate within the table cells.
- Press space on a cell to activate a glanceA glance (also known as a contextual callout) provides information and actions in a dialog box for an item on the screen when the user right-clicks or taps the item. view menu that contains additional options. These options can also be located on the action bar
- Press Tab to get to and progress through the options list on the glance menu.
- Press space to activate a button that opens a slideout panel that appears from the right side of the screen.
- Press Escape to exit the slideout panel or to exit the glance menu.
Leave of Absence and Attendance grids
Follow the same keyboard navigation as the Timecard and Dataviews grids.
The Leave and Attendance grids include a group by column that contains grouped rows that can be expanded. After these grouped rows are in focus, press space to expand the rows to show additional rows of employees. Continue to follow the same keyboard navigation sequence to select employees, activate glance menus, and press space again on the same grouped row that activated the employee rows to collapse the entire group.
Schedule Planner grid
- After selecting an action from the Quick ActionsA tool that allows simple schedule edits to be made more easily, particularly when the same action must be taken on several items menu, navigate to the table using the Tab key and use the arrow keys and space to apply an action to a scheduled shift
- Activate glance menus that contain different options depending on where in the grid they are activated:
- When on the Employee column, press space to activate a glance that contains options specific to employees,
- When on an empty or shift cell, press space to activate a glance that contains options specific to shifts,
- You can activate different glance menus by either using the arrow keys or tabbing within the table and pressing space on a cell.
- You can add Dataview columns to the Schedule Planner grid:
- Press the up-arrow key from the grid and press the right-arrow key to place focus on the column selection menu button,
- Press space to activate a menu containing checkboxes to display or unchecked to hide.
- Press Apply after making selections modifies the grid to show or hide specific columns. Tabbing to cancel does not modify the grid columns. Enable NVDA in focus mode to access this menu.
- Press the right arrow from the Show/Hide column menu to expand and collapse columns button. Press space on this button to allow for showing or hiding columns in the grid. Note that hiding columns only displays the Employee Name column in the grid so if additional column selections were made, they are no longer displayed.
- Press Enter when focused on a column header to sort by none, ascending, or descending. You must press Enter needs each time you select a new sort. The sort by value is announced by NVDA when focused on a column header.
Note: The Schedule Planner grid is not currently announcing row and column headers when using NVDA. The corresponding date is announced by NVDA when navigating through shifts. Using the arrow keys is the best method for accessing this grid.
To access the Schedule Planner grid if you are using an NVDA screen reader:
- Press the T key if you are using the keyboard and, while in browse mode using NVDA, cycle through the action bar, grid, and add-on areas.
- Select an action from the Quick Actions menu, then navigate to the table using either Tab or the T key and use the arrow keys and space to apply an action to a scheduled shift.
- You can activate glance menus that contain different options depending on where in the grid they are activated.
- When you are on the Employee column, press space to activate a glance that contains options specific to employees.
- When you are on an empty or shift cell, press space to activate a glance that contains options specific to shifts.
You can add Dataview columns to the Schedule Planner grid:
- Tab from the action bar to the grid and press space on the column selection menu button to activate a menu that contains check boxes that you can check to display or unchecked to hide.
- Note: Tabbing to cancel does not modify the grid columns. When you press Apply after making selections, the grid is modified to show or hide specific columns. You must enable NVDA focus mode to access this menu.
- Pressing the right arrow from the show/hide column menu leads to a expand and collapse columns button. Pressing space on this button can allow for showing or hiding columns in the grid. Note that hiding columns only displays the employee name column in the grid so if additional column selections were made, they will no longer be displayed.
- Press Enter when focused on a column header to sort by none, ascending, or descending. Note that you need to press Enter needs each time a new sort selection is made. NVDA announces the sort by value when focused on a column header.
To open the Control Center if you are using an NVDA screen reader:
- Press space or Enter to activate the Control Center notifications icon. The icon expands, containing a list of notifications that can be marked as read, deleted, or accessed.
- Tab through the list and select the applicable buttons.
- Press Escape to close.
To access notifications from the Control Center landing page:
- Press space or Enter to view all notifications or press the button next to a notification.
- Press Tab to access the action bar, category menu to the left of the notifications view, and to access the Details panel located to the right of the notifications.
- Press Tab to access the notification categories list. Use the arrow keys and Enter to navigate through the list and select an option to update the notifications list.
- The notifications are presented as a list located in the center of the page. You can use the arrow and Tab keys to navigate through each of the notifications.
- Use the Tab key to view details and use the space to select and deselect check boxes associated with notifications.
- Once selected, details are updated in the Details panel and notifications can be approved, refused, or deleted from this panel or from the action bar.
- Press Tab two times to access the primary details associated with each notification and press Enter to place focus on the Details panel.
- Press Enter on the Back To list button in the Details panel to go back to the last selected notification within the list.
- There is also a Filter drop-down menu that contains options associated with specific types of notifications. Press space to expand the menu, use the up and down arrows to navigate the menu, and press Enter to select and collapse the menu.
- There are also additional options to refine the notifications list by selecting a time period from the timeframe selector menu and selecting a Hyperfind from the Hyperfind menu. By default, these are set to None.
To access items on the timecard if you are using an NVDA screen reader:
- Press the List View button to change the format layout of the timecard data.
- The data switches from a table to a list of items that are presented from left to right, top to bottom.
- Press Tab to get to the items list.
- Press Tab to progress through the items list and associated details.
- Pressing space on the date or punchThe entries on a timecard that mark the beginning (in-punch) or end (out-punch) of a work interval, such as the beginning of a shift or transfer. pairs buttons activates the same slideout panel.
To access the tiles if you are using an NVDA screen reader:
- Press Tab to access the tiles list on the Home landing page.
- Press space to expand the tileA container that provides navigation or action from its summary view..
- Press Tab to navigate within the tile.
- Press arrows to activate check boxes and space to activate buttons.
- Press Escape to collapse a tile.
- Press Enter to activate the Tile Library button to open a panel that you can use to personalize the tiles shown on the Home pageThe page that is presented to the user upon login, which contains the tiles that let the user access or navigate to common tasks..
- You can check or uncheck the tile selections in this panel to apply or hide. NVDA announces the selection and if it is applied, hidden, or has already been applied to the Home page
- Press Enter to activate the Restore Home Page button to show the default view.
Note: When you are in the Charts tile, press Escape twice to close out of the Options menu and return to the tile content
Depending on the type of page, you can access add-ons with an NVDA screen reader as follows:
- When in Scheduling, press the Tab key to access the add-ons area from the grid and press space to expand. Tabbing from the Schedule Planner grid can also access these add-ons. The Comments add-on contains a toggle button that can switch from table to list view.
- When in the Timecard, Dataviews, and Leave and Attendance, press Tab to navigate to the add-ons area and then press space to expand.
- Press Tab to access an additional button that expands and collapses the add-on content. After the add-on has been expanded, pressing Tab navigates to the content.
- Press Shift + Tab to return focus to the Collapse Add-On button and press space to close the add-on content but not the entire add-on.
- Press Shift + Tab to navigate back to the Close Add-On button that closes the entire add-on.
Note: When viewing timecards and Dataviews in list view format, the add-on displays in this format. If using table view, the add-on displays as a table. Although the table view is not optimized for NVDA, you can navigate through it using the keyboard.
To access the slide-out panels if you are using an NVDA screen reader:
- If you are using the keyboard or NVDA in focus mode, press Tab to progress through the edit fields, combo boxes, and buttons within the panel.
- Press space to activate buttons, use arrows to select radio buttons or check boxes, and press space to expand combo boxes .
- Press Tab to access the options list within the combo box and press Enter to select and collapse.
- Press the Apply button to confirm selections that may open additional slide-out panels .
- Press Cancel, Close, or Escape to exit slide-out panels.
- If pressing space does not open a combo box, press Enter to expand the drop-down list.
To refine slide-out panels:
- Press space or Enter on the Refine button to sort, filter, group, or calculate information.
- Press Tab to access the tab index of filtering types and use the left and right arrow keys to select.
- Press Tab to access the Search input field
- Press Tab to access the list of filtering options
- Use the up and down arrow keys to progress through the list of filtering options.
- Press space to expand the accordion options.
- Press Tab to access the options list and use the arrow keys and Enter to select and collapse the accordion.
- Press Tab to access the Cancel and Apply buttons and press space or Enter to modify the Dataview.
If using mobile platforms, you can double-tap on a tab control and slide or flick through the options to present an equivalent experience.